Thursday, August 2, 2012

Magazine Holder

I bought this one from Home Sense long time ago, and was thinking to repaint it as my first DIY  project.  I  got advise from my friend "Ugly Duckling Transformation" that worth to try with  CeCe Caldwell . But the color I wanted was out of stock, so I had to wait. Finally they were back last Friday,because it was only sold in Maple Ridge,  I decided to buy two color of the paint and one Satin Finish, otherwise cost too much gas just for pick up one.
Yesterday Mr. Honey went to Home Depot with me, and helped me to  pick a sander. I was just so excited can't wait to try my first project. When my babies were napping this afternoon, I first used my sander to sand the surface, then finally could use the CeCe paint for the first coat. It was just great, easy and quick! I like the details on the surface, so I only used one coat, after it was dry, I used Satin Finish on the top, and my first project was done within 2 hours!



ops, I realized I forgot to paint at the bottom part! Silly me! I am not a handy girl, so I am very happy for my first project, although it's not PERFECT!

2 comments:

  1. Jane,
    This looks great! I'm glad you enjoyed the paint! I think I ave the same sander as you. ;)
    Can't wait to see another paint project from you... Maybe it will involve a graphic transfer!?
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love to have another piece with the graphic on it, but I am so nervous and worried if I am going to fail...Your comment really makes me smiling now, I feel so honored !

    ReplyDelete